Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sleep Study

Posted by Alisha T at 9:38 PM
Sianna's sleep study is this weekend. I have been trying to transition her from co-sleeping and into her BEAUTIFUL crib in her FABULOUS room that I slaved over along with my mom, dad, & sister....but of course, she would rather lay with mommy and daddy.


Anyway, she is doing great. She is holding her head up more and has learned to travel across the bed and floor on her back by arching her back with her head and feet on the bed and scooting backward.


How did mommy learn of Sianna's new trick? She scooted her little booty right off the bed and onto the floor. :-( Luckily, the pillow that was "guarding" her went first and she flipped face down on top of it.... and where was mommy? right by the bed, cleaning up and putting shoes in the closet. It happened SO quickly!!!


Anyway, besides the shock we both encountered, everyone was okay. Although I think if I were a smoker, I would have needed a cigarette right then and there to calm my nerves. geesh!!!


I'm off to put cushion around the bed...


Til next time....


XOXO
Sianna & Alisha

2 comments:

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Hey Alisha! I am so happy you are going to John Hopkins! I will be thinking about you July 9! You will love it there! They are considered one of the best teams to deal with Achondroplasia. Hopefully you will meet Dr. ain too!

To also comment on Sianna's backward scoot.....I call that the Achon Arch! Lyla did that all the time to get around and so did other children with Achondroplasia that I speak to their parents. Glad she is alright and good luck with that sleep study. Sianna 'will have a lot of wires attached to her and it may be uncomfortable for her to sleep but hopefully they can get a few hours of solid sleep and then you can Go home. Get a copy of that sleep study and the results and bring that to John Hopkins when you go.

Vanessa said...

Our first co-slept (until he was, ehem, 18 months). It's a sweet time, but it is also nice to get your bed back eventually ;) Good luck with the sleep study- I hope she sleeps well for them!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!!! <3 Sianna's Mom

 

A Tiny Piece of Heaven: Sianna's Journey Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea