Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Fun & Johns Hopkins

Posted by Alisha T at 6:47 PM
Hi Everyone 


It's been quite a few days since my last post. Damani and I took an adventurous vacay to Miami and Jamaica - so fun! But I missed Sianna a lot. She was with my awesome baby sister Alexus aka "Auntie Ho-Ho" (she's going to kill me for that) nothing behind the name, I just teased her one day and it stuck lol. 


So we came back from our trip and took all the girls to Ocean City. In tow was myself, Damani, Sianna, my step-daughter Damani, my sister Alexus, my girlfriend Ronda, her 8 year old Jaela and 18 year old Chaela, Chaela's boyfriend and Jaela's little friend Jada. WHEW! YES 10 of us. But we had a blast. 








HELP!! Pinky's got me!!!!

She IS a big girl. lol. She stole mommy's water.




It has been TERRIBLY hot the past week. So much of the weekend was spent at home lounging by the pool. I will let those pics of Sianna and Jaela speak for themselves. 













So bright and EARLY Monday morning - and boy do I mean early - Sianna and I made the trek out to Baltimore to meet with Dr. Julie Hoover-Fong in Genetics at the David Rubenstein Pediatric Specialty Clinic.  Let me just say that this was SUCH a change from the Children's National Medical Hospital Genetics Clinic. First off, I didn't feel like I was THE first Parent of a Little Person to come into the clinic. At CNH, I felt like a pioneer; and in the case of my child's health, this is not an achievement worth aspiring to. 


The doctors and nurses LOVED Sianna. She met Dr. Hoover-Fong as well as Nurse Elizabeth "Libby" Sparks. Nurse Sparks loved Sianna so much she offered to babysit anytime, lol. She took her around to all the other employees on the floor to gush at; and then the hi light of the ENTIRE visit came....


Sianna came back into the room being held by another little person!!!! The program director Mrs. Colleen Gioffreda. It was awesome! I was SO pleased to see people like my baby right in front me. Colleen was awesome, she gave me the contact info for a woman in the area who does play dates and parties for children  with dwarfism. I swear I thought I was alone in this area as far as having an LP baby. 


Anyway, Sianna Banana and I are both exhausted so I can't type much but I know that this is going to be an awesome relationship with the John's Hopkins team.


Sweet Dreams and Healthy babies :)


XOXO


Sianna and Alisha


5 comments:

Sarah Condon said...

Gosh-- What a fun trip!! I am so glad her appt went well and you made some great connections. It is so nice to have others in the area who "understand". We will hoepfully be going to the national convention next year in DC. Hopefully, we can all meet up there. Have a wonderful week and Sianna is just precious.

Sarah Condon said...

Oh yeah-- if we lived closer I would be holding her too and not wanting to put her down either!! You all are one lucky momma and dadda!!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

I am soooooo happy you went to John Hopkins! I told you they are awesome! Wait till you meet Dr. Ain!
Sianna in the pool is so adorable! So nice you were able to get away by yourselves! It's always nice to do that. Yes we miss our kids but I feel it makes us better parents because we are getting some " mommy time" and that is soooooo important!
I saw that Sarah wrote to you and spoke about the National in D.C. We are definitely going and cannot wait. It would be so nice to meet up wit our blogger buddies! Xoxo

Jennifer said...

Hey! Your daughter is precious! We were seeing Dr. HF right after you!!:) Colleen mentioned that a baby girl had been in just before us! Our appointment was 12:30 on Monday! We also saw Dr. Jallo and Dr. Ain.

Alisha T said...

Hi Ladies!!!

Sarah - I can NOT wait to meet more POLP next year! I think it is fate that I had Sianna and now the LPA convention will be RIGHT in our home town when she is around 16 months :-) I hope she is sitting up by then! I'm excited!!!!

Leslie - you were right! Johns Hopkins is awesome! I can't wait to meet Dr. Ain next Tuesday. :-) and we can't wait to meet you next year! this will be AWESOME :-)

Jennifer - I'm so glad you stumbled upon my little slice of heaven and YAY! I adored Colleen, she was so helpful. Isn't it a small world???? Do you live in MD? DC? VA? we should do lunch!!! babies in tow, of course lol

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!!! <3 Sianna's Mom

 

A Tiny Piece of Heaven: Sianna's Journey Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea